Christchurch’s Body Balance Nutritionist
CRUNCHY | SAVOURY | SALTY | FRESH
Ready In: 30-40 mins
Serves: 3-4 people
These tortilla pizza’s are super easy, fresh and crunchy (did I mention delicious?!) and perfect for dinner, school or work lunches or as a starter at the next dinner party. The toppings are entirely interchangeable depending on what you feel like!
- Tortilla wraps (4 large wraps)
- Pizza Sauce (Store bought or if you’d like to try homemade: 4 fresh tomatoes, half a can of tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 garlic clove, a few sprigs of parsley and basil, 1.5 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt; blend until desired consistency)
- One red onion, sliced thinly
- Baby beetroot, halved (I used canned, but you could roast some beetroot)
- A handful of both cashews and pine nuts
- Cubes of feta
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1-2 tbsp capers
- A few basil leaves
- ½ a courgette grated or sliced very finely
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Baby rocket (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 220℃ and place some oven trays (or a pizza stone if you have one!) in to heat up to ensure the bases are crispy.
2. Spread a thin layer of tomato paste on each tortilla.
3. For the beetroot pizza: arrange baby beetroot, basil and cashews. Crumble the feta as desired, drizzle with olive oil and cover with mozzarella if using.
OR/ For the smoked salmon pizza: put pine nuts and capers over the base, top with salmon flakes and grated courgette. Sprinkle grated parmesan (and mozzarella) and olive oil over pizza.
4. Place pizzas in the preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the edges are curling and crispy.
5. Take pizza out and sprinkle with rocket and place back into oven for 30 seconds.
6. Take out and serve or allow to cool and store in an airtight container for lunches the following day!
Other topping ideas
Pesto, rocket, basil, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and pine nuts
Ham, diced pineapple, mozzarella, tomato and/or BBQ sauce