Nutritionist. Medical Student. Nigella Fangirl. Bookshelf Elf. Tiramisu Connoisseur. Diet Non-Conformist.
Through my unashamedly BS-free blog posts and in demand consultations I’m here to wing-woman you through your dieting break up.
It’s my mission to share health and nutrition information with honesty, integrity and transparency. My work and opinions have featured in the NZ Herald as well as glossy magazines and web-portals like; Fashion Quarterly, Simply You, Living Well Magazine and Eat Well NZ.
When I’m not teaching others how to fall back in love with food and their bodies, you’ll find me planning my next backyard adventure, savouring anything remotely tiramisu-y or studying Medicine in a city so far South I could hi-5 Antarctic wildlife!
Curious to know more?
Here are 10(+1) quick-fire facts about me…
1. I’m a perpetual student. Particularly when it comes to health and wellbeing.
2. I’ve recently started my greatest challenge yet….Med School!
3. I don’t ‘follow’ or advocate for any type of diet. (I’m asked this ALL the time). I’m not paleo, I’m not vegetarian or vegan. I’m not a low-fat, high-fat, low-carb, high-protein… organic, biodynamic, cardboard flakes, 3-black-coffees-and-‘skinny’-cabbage-soup kinda girl.
4. I eat intuitively. (And yes that is hard to re-learn if you’ve been an-all-of-the-above-kinda-girl!).
5. I’m a sucker for a New Zealand wine.
6. I’m a not-so-secret-cat-lady. (Do you follow me on snapchat? It’s 90% me stalking my cat, Marmite, for photos).
7. Current crush: Matt Corby *swoon*, you can familiarise yourself with him here (you’re welcome)>>
8. I am head-over-heels in love with the South Island of New Zealand (It takes my breath away to live in a country with the most extraordinary scenery).
9. I am a Tiramisu connoisseur.
10. I’m quite keen on exclamation marks!!
11. My mum is my number one cheerleader! (Yay for Mums!)
Jess is the nutritionist for anyone trying to hop off the dieting roller-coaster. She’s an undergraduate and post-graduate degree qualified nutritionist, and has seen first hand the diet-free approach, Intuitive Eating, positively transform relationships with food and body image.
Jess’s blogs, guides and media work are a fluff-free zone, evidence-based and wickedly honest.
Her mission is to share health and nutrition information with honesty, integrity and transparency.
Jess’s work and opinion has featured in publications & online in; The NZ Herald, Fashion Quarterly, Simply You, Living Well Magazine and Eat Well NZ.
Jess is currently studying towards a Medical Degree at the University of Otago and is available for one:one Skype consultations, wellness retreats & guest speaking, food industry and media work.
For enquiries contact Jess directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Graduate Diploma, Human Nutrition, Massey University
Undertaking; Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Class of 2020, University of Otago
Speaking / Workshops
Women’s Health & Balance Forum – Shining a light on the diet industry….why diets fail and what to do instead!
Stevenson Group, Fatigue and Fatigue Risk Management – Employee and Organisation Roles in Effective Fatigue Management.
HEB Construction, Series of Workshops: Diabetes – “Sugar Shockers” & “Nutrition for Fatigue”
Fletcher Construction, 12 Week Workplace Wellness Program, 1:1 Employee Assessments for Weight/Injury Management.
LDS Church, Royal Oak Nutrition seminar & 12 Week Workshop series for mission preparation.
Whangamata Surf Lifesaving Club, Parent and athlete workshop – “Fuelling for competition”
Green Prescription, Sport Auckland 1:1 Patient consults, community workshops, shopping safari’s
Want to work with me?
It’s not just me around here…. there’s a few people I’d love you to meet!
Looking for a good read?
22nd August 2018 To ‘The Healthiest School Challenge’ development & support team, Gemma McCaw, Cory Jane, New Zealand teachers, educators and parents. We are writing to you express our concerns with the recently launched ”AIA The Healthiest School”...
By Sarah Peck NZRD | Eating Disorder and Family Feeding Specalist Dietitian **The focus of this piece is on coeliac disease, there are similarities, but also differences, between managing various health conditions requiring food restrictions, please keep...
A letter to my new grad self.... Sarah Peck NZRD, specialist Eating Disorder, Non-diet, HAES Dietitian Well you have finally graduated and can call yourself a dietitian. When you started studying, your only certainty was that you genuinely...
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
Ready to break up with diets? I’m yo wing-woman! Let me guide you through it step-by-step.